PTFE Coated Wire Mesh
- Green PTFE coating
- Stainless mesh
- Air and fuels pass through
- Water beads on the surface
- Documented Weaving & Coating Quality
- For Coalescing Filters
Features and Uses
More facts about PTFE coated stainless steel wire mesh
PTFE Quick Facts
Excellent resistance (no attack) to Dilute and Concentrated Acids, Alcohols, Aldehydes, Bases, Esters, Aliphatic, Aromatic and Halogenated Hydrocarbons, ketones, Mineral Oils, Vegetable Oils and Oxidizing Agents.
- Maximum Temperature: 572°F 300°C
- Minimum Temperature: -328°F -200°C
- Autoclavable: Yes
- Melting Point: 626°F 330°C
- Tensile Strength: 6,240 psi
- Hardness: R58
- UV Resistance: Excellent
- Specific Gravity: 2.2
PTFE coated mesh applications and Ideas
- PTFE coated is an extremely unusual wire mesh material.
- Water beads up on it surface while gases pass freely through its apertures.
- PTFE coated stainless steel wire mesh material may be used to separate water from diesel fuel or gasoline.
- Used extensively in coalescing filters
- Water resistant speaker grilles and microphones use this special mesh.
- Applications where air and sound must pass but water but not penetrate.
- Chemically inert coating.
- As a non-stick surface with a high tensile mesh underbody
- Separation and small part drying surface
Thousands of current applications in many industrial commercial and scientific settings. This is a plain square weave (over one, under one).. Weaving meets ANSI/AWCI - 01 -1992 and ASTM E 2016-99 and RRW 360
PTFE coated Wire Mesh - Cutting
100 and 200 mesh may be cut into simple with sturdy scissors TWP can provide precision-cut discs and shapes. Other meshes can be coated with PTFE (Minimum order quantities will apply)
TWP Inc. will provide small samples for your testing and inspection PTFE Coated Mesh samples are 1 inch by 1 inch
Sample price is $18 USD (plus USPS freight charge).
Important: The shade of green color may not be consistent from roll to roll or even within a roll. This variation will not effect the performance. The green color is traditional in PTFE mesh. We cannot guarantee that the PTFE coating is present on all surfaces of the mesh. Please independently determine the suitability of this product for your application.