Filtering Liquids and Gases
It's often difficult to select the right equipment to separate solids from liquids, or solids from gases.
Three things should be considered before choosing a wire screen for filtration:
- Will the process be performed in batches or continuously?
- Should the discharge be a dry or wet solid or a concentrated slurry?
- What amount of solids must be filtered?
Wire mesh filters are available in a variety of grades and weaves to accommodate different sizes of particles or liquid viscosity or flow rates. Stainless steel meshes, especially those made out of the premium T-316 alloy, can weather repeated use without corroding.
TWP offers a few varieties for filtration:
- T-304 is the standard stainless steel alloy. It's not as corrosion resistant as T-316, but it's adequate (and more affordable) for most uses, unless otherwise specified. It comes in fine, medium, and coarse types in order to suit the size of particles that need to be filtered.
- T-316 is the premium stainless alloy. It offers more resistance to corrosion by salts, acids, and seawater. It also is available in fine, medium, and coarse.
There are different ways to measure woven wire filter cloth for liquid and gas filtering. The number of the mesh typically refers to how many holes per linear inch a particular screen has. As a good rule of thumb, the bigger the mesh number, the smaller the granules the mesh will catch.
TWP Inc. provides mesh laser-cutting services to accurately, efficiently, and economically create custom parts. Narrow your search to include specific jobs using our advanced search function. TWP Inc. supplies wire mesh worldwide. Our ISO 9001:2015 certified company has been the go-to choice for high-quality mesh products and laser-cutting services. Contact us for a quote today.