Diagonal Decorative Mesh
- Decorative Diagonal Meshes have wires running at 45 degrees to the edge of the panel.
- The crimped wires interlock to prevent slipping. These are available in Bronze, Brass, Nickel, & Antique styles.
Features and Uses
All you need to know about Diagonal Mesh
This specialty group of screenings is used in a wide range of decorative, architectural, and commercial applications
Diagonal Mesh - Examples of Uses
- Furniture cabinets
- Radiator grills
- Cabinet mesh
- Home decor
- Commercial decor
- Architectural accents
- Air intakes
Diagonal Mesh - Cutting
Diagonal wire meshes require care and skill to cut to size. The mesh should be laid with two edges against a square corner to keep the mesh openings symmetrical and the wires should be carefully marked with a marker. For wire thickness up to .062 inches can be cut wire by wire using heavy-duty wire cutters or tin snips.
Meshes woven from wires above .062 inches, will require a small bolt cutter which is available at hardware stores. Care should be taken to make sure the wires do not skew while being marked and cut. Note: the small corner wires in a piece of diagonal wire mesh tend to fall out when cut and this should be taken into consideration when framing this material.
Diagonal Mesh - Look and Feel
The available colors are:
- Bright brass (this is the color of a new key). Unless protected, it will discolor over time towards a reddish, coppery color.
- Bright bronze (this is the color of a new American penny). Unless protected, it will discolor over time towards a brown/black color.
In an outdoor environment, the brass and bright bronze will weather and discoloration will become pronounced as soon as six months at the seashore and over 14 years in desert conditions. This discoloration may be stopped by lacquering, waxing, or periodically oiling the mesh to protect it from atmospheric conditions.
* We cannot guarantee a uniformed, brilliant polished finish when you receive the material because it is affected by the atmosphere.
Diagonal Mesh - Samples
TWP Inc. will provide samples for your testing and inspection. The cost is $10 per sample. Sample sizes range from 3 inches by 3 inches to 6 inches by 6 inches. For the quickest service, please order your samples on-line.