Intercrimp Decorative Mesh
- Decorative Intercrimped Mesh achieves its distinctive appearance from the interlocked crimped wires and the extra crimp between the mesh crossover points.
- Used as Automobile Grills.
- "Bravo" mesh is inspired by Jaguar Motor cars.
Features and Uses
All you need to know about Intercrimp Decorative Mesh
This specialty group of screenings is used in a wide range of decorative, architectural, and commercial applications.
Intercrimp Decorative Mesh - Uses
- Furniture cabinets with or without glass backing
- Radiator grills
- Home décor meshes
- Architectural accents
- Air intakes and screens
- Arts and crafts mesh
- Garden and lighting applications
Intercrimp Decorative Mesh - Cutting
Intercrimp wire meshes require care and skill to cut to size. The mesh should be laid with two edges against a square corner to keep the mesh openings symmetrical and the wires should be carefully marked with a marker. Cut wire thickness up to .062 inches with heavy-duty wire cutters or tin snips. Meshes woven from wires thicker than .062 inches will require a small bolt cutter, which is available at hardware stores. Care should be taken to make sure the wires do not skew while being marked and cut. * _the small corner wires in a piece of Intercrimp wire mesh tend to fall out when the panel is cut and this should be taken into consideration when framing this material_.
Intercrimp Decorative Mesh - Look and Feel
The available colors are:
- Bright brass (this is the color of a new key). Unless protected, it will discolor over time towards a reddish, coppery color.
- Bright bronze (this is the color of a new American penny). Unless protected, it will discolor over time towards a brown/black color.
- Stainless steel (the color of stainless steel kitchen utensils) although less shiny. In an outdoor environment, the brass and bright bronze will weather and discoloration will become pronounced as soon as six months at the seashore and over 14 years in desert conditions. This discoloration may be stopped by lacquering, waxing, or periodically oiling the mesh to protect it from atmospheric conditions.
We cannot guarantee a uniformed, brilliant polished finish when you receive the material because it is affected by the atmosphere.
Intercrimp Decorative Mesh - Samples
TWP Inc. will provide samples for your testing and inspection. The cost is $10 per sample ordered The sample size is 3 inches by 3 inches.