Flat-Wire Decorative Mesh
- Decorative Flat-wire Meshes are woven from specially profiled wire that gives both modern and traditional cabinets a dramatic appeal.
The popular Fandango Antique Nickel Finish is pictured.
Features and Uses
All you need to know about Flat Wire Mesh
This specialty group of screenings is used in a wide range of decorative, architectural, and commercial applications
Flat Wire Mesh - Examples of Uses
- Furniture cabinets
- Radiator grills
- Home decor
- Commercial decor
- Architectural accents
- Pet control
- Kick plates
- Arts and crafts
- Decorative surface treatments
- Garden and lighting applications
Flat Wire Mesh - Cutting
Flat wire meshes should be carefully marked with a marker before cutting with heavy sheet metal hand shears (also called aircraft shears).
Flat Wire Mesh - Look and Feel
The available colors are:
- Bright brass (this is the color of a new key). Unless protected, it will discolor over time towards a reddish, coppery color.
- Bright bronze (this is the color of a new American penny). Unless protected, it will discolor over time towards a brown/black color.
- Stainless steel (the color of stainless steel kitchen utensils) although not as shiny. In an outdoor environment, the brass and bright bronze will weather and discoloration will become pronounced as soon as six months at the seashore and over 14 years in desert conditions. This discoloration may be stopped by lacquering, waxing, or periodically oiling the mesh to protect it from atmospheric conditions.
We cannot guarantee a uniformed, brilliant polished finish when you receive the material because it is affected by the atmosphere.
Wire Mesh - Samples
TWP Inc. will provide samples for your testing and inspection. The cost is $10 per sample. For the quickest service, please order your samples on-line.