Brass Hexagonal Mesh
- Decorative Hexagonal Mesh is used in French Country cabinets and dressers and outdoors in gardens for light pest control.
- It is extremely flexible, but not overly sturdy and may be formed by hand.
- It is used as a light attractive pest deterrent.
- Also called miniature brass chicken wire.
- Stainless Steel Hex Mesh is a stronger and more industrial product.
- Click on the individual items to view pricing.
|Mesh/In.||Wire Dia.||Roll Width||Swatch||Full Roll||1-24 sq ft||25-99 sq ft||100+ sq ft||Part Number/Details|
|0.5||0.028 in.||36 in.||$10.00||$275.00||$6.25||$4.75||$4.19||1_2X1_2B0280W36HEX|
|0.375||0.016 in.||36 in.||$10.00||$215.00||$5.00||$3.80||$3.35||3_8X3_8B0160W36HEX|
|Mesh/In.||Wire Dia.||Opening||%Open||Roll Width||Material||Part Number/Details|
Features and Uses
All you need to know about hexagonal mesh (hex mesh).
Hexagonal mesh is made by twisting wires together just like ordinary chicken wire.. It is very inexpensive and extremely flexible. We currently provide these meshes in bright bronze and brass. They both are similar in cost. The difference is in their appearances and bronze is stronger and more corrosion than brass.
Brass hexagonal wire meshes are both unusual and hard-to-find. Experienced weavers make these upscale materials on special twisting looms. Hexagonal refers to the six-sided openings. Sometimes these twisted meshes a called brass chicken wire. These hex meshes are used for architectural, decorative, and protective uses, both indoors and outdoors. This group is found in furniture, cabinet mesh, arts and crafts, decorative surface treatments and accents, garden and lighting applications, specialized organic farming , etc. These materials are NOT PLATED, but are from pure solid brass wire.
Hexagonal Mesh - Examples of Uses
- Furniture cabinet screen usually with glass behind the mesh
- Topiary mesh
- Country farmhouse kitchen décor
- Arts and crafts mesh
Hexagonal Mesh - Cutting
Hex meshes are easily cut with heavy scissors or tin snips.
Hexagonal Mesh - Look and Feel
The available colors are:
- Bright brass (this is the color of a new key). Unless protected, it will discolor over time towards a reddish, coppery color.
- Bright bronze (this is the color of a new American penny). Unless protected, it will discolor over time towards a brown/black color. In an outdoor environment, the brass and bright bronze will weather and discoloration will become pronounced as soon as six months at the seashore and will much shinier longer in desert conditions. This discoloration may be stopped by lacquering, waxing, or periodically oiling the mesh to protect it from atmospheric conditions.
- We cannot guarantee a uniformed, brilliant polished finish when you receive the material because it is affected by the atmosphere.
Hexagonal Mesh - Samples
TWP Inc. will provide six inch square samples for your testing and inspection. The cost is $10 per sample (plus USPS Charges). For the quickest service, please order your samples on-line.